The new projects include rigorous content standards in Social Studies, Science, Math, Reading, and Writing, coupled with exciting anchoring artifacts that are guaranteed to ignite your kids' imaginations:
- States' Rights? Or Wrong? It's 1786: Rewrite the Articles of Confederation.
- The Time of Our Lives Invent a calendar that improves the one we currently use.
- Phar Lap's Mystery Solve the mystery of the famous racehorse's death.
- Move It Off the Grid! What would it take to move your school off the grid?
- The South's Civil War Submarine Tell the story of the Confederate ship, H.L. Hunley.
- Pandemic! Predict and stop the world's next catastrophic disease.
- Creating a Greater Good Can we make money by doing the right thing?
But if you ask your students, they'll tell you the best part of the projects are the anchoring artifacts. These are the "fun" learning the kids cannot resist and are purposefully created to deliver the rigorous and standards-based driving questions. This way you can be sure your kids are also learning the important core content of our classes. You see, students who may not be turned on by math may enjoy re-creating a ½ scale model of the Apollo13 capsule and end up happily working on fractions and ratios in context all day long!